Weekly Life Group Questions
* Download a printable version at the bottom of the page.
Life Group: Mar 22 – 28
Text: Mark 13:1 – 13
Welcome/Icebreaker: How are you holding up so far during this pandemic?
Main Idea: By feeding our faith we starve our fears
Read: Mark 13:1 – 13
- As you read this passage are there any words or phrases that jump out at you that you would like to explore further? Are there any initial questions you have after reading this passage? After reading the passage what do you think is the core message?
- In this passage what spiritual dangers does the Lord Jesus warn about? How can we prepare ourselves to meet similar dangers? How should we react to global upheaval and economic distress? How does this passage influence how you live for the Lord?
- Historically it appears the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem is followed by exile of the Jewish people and a rebuilding of the temple follows the return of the Jewish people. How feasible do you think it is for the Jewish people to rebuild a temple in Jerusalem? What might this rebuilding indicate?
- What opportunities does persecution for the Gospel create for proclamation of the Gospel?
- Is there anything in this passage that the Lord has impressed on your heart that you would like to apply in your life? How can we pray?
Pray for One Another: Please develop your Oikos list and begin to pray for the people on your list, especially that the Lord would send Christians into their lives to share the Gospel with them.
Pray for PBC
- That the PBC family would be protected from COVID-19
- That the Lord would provide for those affected by the economic fallout of COVID-19
- The Lord would continue to direct and guide PBC into the future.
- The Lord would continue to enlarge the Life Group ministry.
- That the Lord would bless PBC with sufficient financial resources to meet our budgetary obligations as a church body.
- That PBC would be a work in the hearts and lives of the new families that have started to attend PBC.
Mark 13:1 – 13